Followers

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Challenge #19~Home of the Brave

I'm getting started on this a day in advance...woohooo...gooo meeee! These posts sometimes take me a while to put together so the earlier I start on them the earlier I get them posted!!!
~~It's now Tuesday...9:55am EST and guess what....totally forgot to finish the post first thing this morning. I took my son to school, cleaned the bathroom and was sitting here on FB and it hit me....sorry everyone~~

To start off I want to remind everyone of our upcoming blog hop...we would LOVE for all of  you to join us and maybe win some free images!!


Okay, let's get started with our winner from challenge #18 and the top 3

CHALLENGE #18 WINNER IS:
Just a Pigment of My Imagination

Congrats!!!! Super cute project BTW! Shoot me an email with 3 images you would like from the store! april_lower@yahoo.com

Okay....I have one more thing I want to share with you all before I get to the Top 3......you will never guess how old the litte girl is that did this card....AND...she's our first "little friend" to join our challenge sooooo NiMu have your mommy email me with 1 image in the store that you would like to have...and we'd love to see you make a card with it and join us again for another challenge!!!


Okay...on to the:
TOP 3











Okay, there you have it! Congrats to all of you and thanks again for playing along!

CHALLENGE #19
HOME OF THE BRAVE
Nov. 11th in the States is Veteran's Day this is a day dedicated to those who have served in our Armed Forces...something that is close to my own heart seeing as my husband spent 15 years as an Active Duty Airmen...this is a day to give thanks to them. So for your projects that is what I'd like to see...something thankful, something in remembrance, something that is personal to you about Veteran's.... basically anything that is supporting/thanking/or showing some love for a veteran! I'm easy to please so let me see what you've got!!!

Here are some fantastic examples of what I'm asking of you from our DT...hope you get inspired!!!

Sandy:
She is using the Poppie image and made a thank you card. Seeing this has made me determined to make this folded card this is just stunning. I love that it has a poem and those bright stunning poppies!



Is using star. Do you see the glitter in that background paper...oh my...and the embossing folder she used almost reminds me of like fireworks. I think that sometimes...less is better...wouldn't you agree?!!!


Another card using the simple but stunning star image. She sprayed her creation with some glimmer mist and if you enlarge it you can really tell...looks great! I am in love with those buttons across the bottom and that lovely twine!


Using Patriotic Audrey...this was one of my first images! Those silver stars are a great addition and fab coloring!!


Who is using a new image to the store....a smoochie in the window (you haven't seen the smoochies yet....really...you MUST go over to the store and take a look...they have become very popular very fast)...man Miranda makes that smoochie look good!! I love that she cut the image out.


is using smoochie baby boy (I told you they were popular). I love this card...I love the sentiments that Stacie uses on her creations and how fitting they are to the image. I just realized she made a baseball in the background...how great is that! The card is shaped like home plate...wow...every time I look I see something new!



is using mail girl for her card and honestly when I look at this card I think of the spouses that have to hold down the fort at home while their husbands go to war and back a few years ago the only communications you would have is through mail. I just love that die cut!


using star image and using it quite wonderfully I must say! Another CAS (clean and simple) card that I know any veteran would love to receive!!


Okay...that's it for today! I hope you got inspired and we can't wait to see what you create for us!!!






















No comments: